Saturday, September 5, 2015

Can a Witch Fly Backwards?

     Edited to add:  This is posting sooner than I  had planned but since the challenge is already live at The Outlawz, I doubt that I'll be breaking any rules.  :-D

     I'm so tickled and honored to be a Guest Designer this month in the CAS challenge at The Outlawz.   Some of you know that I'm constantly working to improve my CAS designs so being asked to Guest Design on a CAS challenge was really thrilling.  Our theme this week is "Use Geometric Shapes."  I chose hexagons and cut everything using dies from QuicKutz.

     I've used a cute silhouette image from MHK Designs and I love the fact that the witch is flying her broom backwards. Too funny!  But, since flying a broom is a strange form of transport anyway, I guess if she's magical enough to fly a broom, she can probably handle it forward or backward.  :-D


     I colored the moon with ProMarkers, then printed and die cut the sentiment (also from MHK Designs.)  I die cut lavender and yellow CS and layered the image and the sentiment.  I figured the shapes were enough embellishment so added nothing else.  After all, this is a CAS challenge so less is more.

     Challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore
Craft Your Passion
Cuttlebug Mania
Little Red Wagon
Outlawz PAM
Passion for ProMarkers
Petal Lu
Silhouette Challenge
Simon Says Stamp
Through the Craft Room Door
Unicorn Challenge
Your Scrapbook Place

     That's it for me today and I'll have another post early in the morning.  Be sure to check back, won't you?  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Jackie Scott said...

Pretty colors with the black! You should be all set for Halloween, nice cards!

Crafty Pearly said...

Wonderful ideas for a card. Love it. Thank you so much for joining us at Unicorn Challenge Blog this month. Hugs Traci DT xx
Visit me at http://craftycrested.blogspot.co.uk

Lisa J said...

Love this card and the image is very unique! Thanks for sharing with us in our first challenge. Lisa DT Unicorn Challenge

Emma Williams said...

Lovely card and I love the shape and that fabulous image! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

Donna Hanley said...

Outlawz is lucky to have you on their CAS DT because you are a natural at it even though it's "not your style". that image is funny and cute and the sentiment is also. Have a fun day.

Donna Ellis said...

Fantastic card! Connie, I think witches can fly backwards if they want to LOL Great title for your post! Your CAS is darling! Congrats on your GDT position! hugs, de

Barbara said...

Great card, and perfectly CAS.....I can fly MY broomstick backwards OR forwards too. haha ;-)
Thanks for sharing with us at Petal Lu and good luck in the draw.
Barbara x

jimlynn said...

Love those hexagons and the colors on this. The broom going backwards is a hoot! Too fun!!!
Lynn

Cards By MI said...

Such great fun card. Love your design and the take on our PFP theme this week. Really funny! :) Thanks for joining our challenge over at PFP this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Nana said...

What a cute and fun card. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥
♥ Paper & Stitches ♥

Dawn said...

Love the colour combo on this one NanaC! The image is great too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Glittered Paws said...

Very cute - and love the colors you used. Lovin Mynn's images.

Sue from Oregon said...

This is indeed very cool!!! Love the CAS look of the witch against the moon! Thanks for sharing with us at Silhouette Challenges!

♥ Sue Kment

Peanut said...

Saw this on FB and loved it there. Yep.... loving it here too! :)
xxx Asha

The Crafty Den said...

Fab card Connie. I love the funny image and your CAS layout is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful card and great play on words.

coops said...

So stunning Connie.I love your striking colours and fantastic image.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Joanne said...

Great CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Mynn xx said...

Sorry it took me so long to come and comment on your blog, Connie! This is SO cool! I LOVE the fabulous color combo--and the way you colored in the moon is amazing! I LOVE seeing what you make with my designs! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Kimbo said...

I love how you've layered the hexagons and the colours go so well together

Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x