Monday, May 8, 2017

Friendships

      I have had such a hectic week this past week that I completely forgot to post my card I did for the Card Chain Challenge in April.  I was supposed to post on  May 2 when they did the big reveal of who sent what to whom but that whole day escaped me.  Maybe it was because I didn't have my post written and pre-scheduled, and the card had already been mailed so it wasn't in the stack of cards to be posted.  In any case, here it is, late but not completely forgotten.


     We had options of using any of the things shown below and I think I managed all four:
Color Palette  
OR Sketch  
OR a theme of: Fruit&Vegetables or Rabbits or Friendship 
OR One of the following products: Perfect Pearls/Die Cuts/Stencils and Embossing Paste.  I managed to do all four.

     I hand colored the image with my ProMarkers, hand cut it and the mat, then used a Spellbinders die to cut the "fish tail" in the beige CS behind the image.  My blogger friend, Christi, (see her blog post with instructions HERE) showed me how to make that kind of cut.  Thanks, Christi.

     A little ribbon, a few glittery flowers and it was ready to mail.

     Challenges:
Aurora Wings
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Creates and Makes
Creative Moments
Fab n' Funky
House that Stamps Built
{PIN}spirational
Word Art Weds.   

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Lovely coloring, Connie! I honestly thought is was a precolored image. Fabulous take and the sketch and I love how they're framed. Thanks so much for joining our "Frame It" challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and image, so sweet, a Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning Connie, I adore the image and your interpretation of the sketch is superb.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Cheri said...

Adorable card, NanaConnie! So glad you played along (again) at The House That Stamps Built this week.

Alison said...

Gorgeous card - with two lovely ladies. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Donna Ellis said...

Connie, your beautifully colored image is picture pretty on this lovely card. Great take on all aspects of the challenge, late or not! Great card! Hugs, de

Glenda Atkins said...

I love this card, fabulous image and your colouring is wonderful. Wow.
hugs Glenda

Teresa Arsenault said...

Lovely card, my friend. I have been super busy too. hugs, Teresa

Fabrika Fantasy said...

Such a nice card, Nana Connie! And beautifully colored!
Fabrika Fantasy - Digital stamps and coloring pages

Jo Ann said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors. Thank you for blessing us with your artwork here at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again soon. Leaving you with the inspiration of the scripture from Jeremiah 17:7 (KJV) which says, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is."

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Awww . . . that image is so sweet!! Love the colors you used; very pretty! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Myndi said...

Wow, that colouring! It has a nice retro vibe to it and I really like it! Thank you for joining our "Frame It" challenge at Aurora Wings! xxMyndi