Sunday, May 21, 2017

Victorian Lady

     This is an image I've had in my collection for a while but I can't remember ever using it.  It came from Rick St. Dennis (Sparkle n Glitter) and it seemed perfect for doing a "Spotlight Technique."




     I started with two of the images, leaving one completely black and white and coloring most of the second one with my ProMarkers.  I really love subdued shades of pink, green, and yellow for vintage cards.

     I used one of my diamond shaped dies from Spellbinders to cut out an angled section of the colored image, but I trimmed that to make it narrower than the die shape.  I matted that colored piece with a double layer of sandalwood CS to give some dimension and texture, then layered it onto the black and white image, lining it up with the image below.

     I matted the white image piece with some green CS and wrapped that with pink and green polka dot ribbon.  I used my bow maker to tie a 5-loop bow using two different ribbons.  All of that went onto a pink card front.  I added a die cut butterfly (Cheery Lynn) and put pearls on it's body and also on the lower corner of the card.

     Challenges:
Allsorts
Angie's Digital Stamps
Cards in Envy
Craft-Dee BowZ
Crafty Calendar
Jo's Scrap Shack
Lemon Shortbread
Ribbon Girl
Scrapy Land
TTCRD
Tuesday Throwdown

     I'm heading back into my craft room to work on some DT cards.  I like to be ahead a couple of weeks on those just so I'm not scrambling at the last minute but, somehow, time too often gets away from me despite my best intentions.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friends.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Christine said...

Love how you showcased this very beautiful image with the spotlight technique. I admire that technique and hope to try it this summer when my teaching duties slow down. Great work on this! So glad you joined the challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack this week.
Blessings,
Christine
DT
http://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

Linda Simpson said...

WOW this is fabulous Connie, love this technique, something on my to do list. I hope you are having a wonderful day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Desire Fourie said...

Loving the vintage lady and your wonderful spotlight technique.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Sherry Hickey said...

Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Cards In Envy's Favorite Color Combo challenge! I love the vintage look and spotlighting technique on your card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

This has to be one of the coolest spotlight techniques I have seen!!! Lovely card!!!

Teresa Arsenault said...

You did a lovely job with the spotlight technique. I love your bow. hugs, Teresa

Gail said...

A fabulous job here! Lovely vintage creation - thanks for linking up at Tuesday Throwdown Texture this week - hope to see you again - blessings, Gail Scott TT Design Team

Barbara Bruder said...

Connie, what a great job on the spotlight technique. Love the image you used and the way you spotlighted. Nice coloring, too. BTW I love your blog header and I always look forward to see what header you will be sharing with us. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Mummylade said...

Gorgeous project! Thank you so much for participating in our Birthday celebration at Allsorts this week and good luck in the challenge.

Sandy Trefger said...

Beautiful card! I love the pink & gray! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Annie Collins said...

Beautiful card, the color combinations is fantastic. Love the spotlight technique you used. Thank you for join in on the fun at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Annie - DT Member-http://littlewingscreates.blogspot.com/

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW, what a brilliant spotlight card, love the shape you decided to do, quite different, me thinks. LOVE the colours and that fabby bow.
Faith
x

Planetsusie said...

Lurve Rick St Dennis images! this really is so pretty and the coloured panel really stands out to make this look amazing. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Calendar (Flowers) Challenge this month. Lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

Lynda said...

wow what a fantastic idea, love the vintage look. Thankyou for joining us over at Sparkle and Glitter the Rick st Dennis EDT Blog for our very first challenge and blog hop. I hope you join us again next month. Lynda DT xx

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Fabulous vintage card thank you for entering our challenge at the sparkle and glitter with rick challenge. Hope you will join us again soon.
Fiona EDT