Thursday, September 14, 2017

Decorating for Christmas

     A couple of days ago I told you that I had been working on Christmas cards all weekend and here is the first of them.  I have two additional reasons for needing lots of additional cards this year and both involve a local craft fair which we will be holding as a fund raiser in support of our local "Relay for Life."  I just committed to doing this so all the cards I'll need are in addition to the ones for family and for donating to our local senior center.

     Not only will I have a booth to sell Christmas cards but I'll be doing a Make and Take for kids with Christmas card kits which I'm putting together myself.  Those will be fairly CAS, mostly die cuts or black and white/sepia Vintage images and mats/frames of holiday colored CS, made with really simple die cuts.

     But today's card has a Sarah Kay image and is actually going to be used for family, probably my great-granddaughter.  :-D


     I adore this darling girl getting ready to make her house warm and inviting for the holidays.  She's cut with an Unbranded die.  Both papers are scraps which originally came from a Recollections stack.   The sentiment came from QKR Stampede.  The sparkly gold ribbon was in my stash and I dyed a hand-made, white, satin bow with my ProMarkers.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Colour Crazy   
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Hazelnut's
Morgan's Artworld
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles
Take It, Make It
Winter Wonderland

     Happy Crafting!  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Cazro said...

I adore your Sarah Kay image, beautifully coloured, fabulous dotty backgrounds. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland. Caz DT.

Lori Kobular said...

How nice of you to be making cards to sell for Relay for Life! That is wonderful! I don't know how you keep up with all of this! Your Christmas card is adorable, reminds me of Holly Hobby!!

Christi Conley said...

I've been so lax lately visiting my friends' blogs - I am going to try changing that! I just popped by to see what you were up to & what a beautiful card!! Love it & I wish I could color as prettily as you! xoxoxoxo Love, Christi

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is GORGEOUS, love the image and the papers are a great choice with her. Good Luck with the card things, sounds like you are going to be VERY busy. :)
Faith
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Me again, with my DT hat on from Morgans Artworld. I'm very happy to repeat that this is a Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the ATG at Morgans Artworld challenge. Faith DT

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

Gorgeous Thanks for joining us in our week 36 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Michelle DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 350 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

Heather said...

Adorable!! Such a sweet image and that die you used to frame her with is fabulous! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

Unknown said...

Beautiful caRD. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge weeks 36/37. 17 Helen DT

Claire said...

Wow fabulous make! Thanks so much for joining us at Polkadoodles this time
Claire xx