Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Humbug vs Ho Ho Ho

     Into every holiday season, a little "Humbug" seems to fall.  In my family, we were taught that for every "Humbug" we should respond with a happy and cheerful "Ho Ho Ho."    When I saw this snowman from Beccy's Place with a 'grinch'-like sneer on his face , it triggered memories of my mom saying, "Answer every Humbug with a happy Ho Ho Ho!" and that was long before the movie "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas."  Since today's alphabet letter in Beccy's 30 Days of Holidays is "H" what better image and sentiment?  :-D


I started with the colors at House of Cards.


     I colored Mr. "H"umbug Snowman with my ProMarkers, accentuated the scowl on his eyebrows with black marker, and added a little gel pen sparkle to him and covered it with Glossy Accents.  When that was dry, I cut him out with a die from QuicKutz.  The dp with the jolly Santa (I can hear the "Ho Ho Ho" rumbling out of him!) is from a Recollections paper pad.

     The ribbon is one of my favorites.  It's "H"olographic in that it alternates red and green depending on how the light hits it.  With no light at all, it looks completely black.  I used my mom's saying as my sentiment.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Crafting from the Heart
Creative Inspirations
Creative Moments
Deep Ocean
Dream Valley
I {heart} ProMarkers
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Scrappy Land

     One more day, one more Christmas card in the stash.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

FABULOUS! love the sentiment and your colouring is awesome, love Santa ho ho hoing too :).
Faith
x

Susan Renshaw said...

Great design! Love the snowman!
Thank you for sharing with House of Cards!
Susan
DT for HOC
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Suzanne H said...

My husband is a "Bah Humbug" lover. So cute!

jimlynn said...

What a darling little snowman!!!! I LOVE the look on his face! Too funny and cute. Great card and sentiment!

Beccy said...

I got quite a chuckle when I saw the eyebrows you added to the image NC, how fabulous! He definitely looks unhappy about the holidays. I love the sentiment and I like the advice your Mum gave you, I think that's lovely. Great background paper with the very jolly Santa.
Cheers,
Beccy

Lori Kobular said...

What a fun Christmas card! Love the sentiment!

Linda Simpson said...

This is wonderful Connie, love the humbug image and great sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great card with a wonderful message. hugs, teresa

CraftyLyn said...

Great image,lovely colouring, like the touch of glitter,thanks for sharing your card with us here at I Love Promarkers,Lyn DT.

Olenkaja said...

Beutiful card! I love it:) Thank you for joing us at Scrapy Land Challenge :)

CraftyNatalie said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at creative inspirations this month.